Your warranty, our guarantee
The details of the Bates Saddles Guarantee are set out below.
Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
- The Bates Saddles Guarantee becomes effective from the date of purchase of your Bates saddle
- You must provide proof of purchase, the original purchase receipt and your guarantee card to your nearest Bates Saddles retailer
- A repair or replacement under the Bates Saddles Guarantee will not extend your Bates Saddles Guarantee period
- The Bates Saddles Guarantee is processed through your appointed Bates Saddles retailer
What is covered under the Bates Saddles Guarantee:
- Bates Saddles guarantees the repair or replacement of your Bates saddle (or part thereof) at no cost, if found to have faulty materials or workmanship within two years of the date of purchase
- Bates Saddles guarantees the repair or replacement of your Bates saddle (or part thereof) at no cost, if found to have a breakage in the tree for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase
What is not covered under the Bates Saddles Guarantee:
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use, lack of care or neglect
- Use of the saddle for anything other than equestrian pursuits
- Use of parts or accessories other than those produced or recommended for use with and in a Bates saddle
- Repairs or alterations carried out by third parties not in accordance with Bates Saddles’ recommendations
- The fit of the saddle itself
What you need to do:
If you believe you have a claim under the Bates Saddles Guarantee you will need to:
- Contact the retailer from whom you purchased your saddle (or your nearest Bates Saddles retailer) to discuss your concerns
- Take this card along with the original purchase receipt and the saddle to the retailer from whom you purchased the saddle (or your nearest Bates Saddles retailer)
- The retailer will then be able to assist in assessing whether your saddle has a defect covered under the Manufacturer’s warranty.
- Thereafter the retailer will then liaise with Bates Saddles* in relation to the warranty claim (on your behalf).
AUSTRALIA: In addition, to your rights under the Bates Saddles Guarantee, we also provide the following statement as required by Australian Consumer Law: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Bates Saddles
*Saddlery Brands International is the manufacturer of Bates Saddles, registered business address: P.O. Box 153, Northbridge, WA, 6865.